Assessor – Brickwork
Up to £33K (including STEM Experience Award for exceptional candidate)
Full Time, Permanent
Due to our growth, we have an opportunity for an experienced Assessor to join our friendly close-working department. In this role you’ll both recruit and be assigned a caseload of Learners for whom you’ll be responsible for the course assessment reviews, ensuring our students are progressing against the vocational standards required by the Qualification and Curriculum Authority and City & Guilds.
We love what we do passionately, and who we do it for. Our approach puts the Learner first through encouraging a growth mindset and supporting everyone to overcome obstacles to achieve success. You’ll be confident to support and motivate young people to complete their course assessment work and to offer guidance and mentorship assisting them toward their chosen career path.
We use Smart Assessor software to help us map and manage the progression of our Learners so your prior experience of this or similar tracking approaches is highly desirable.
We anticipate further growth linked career opportunities as the College grows, having secured a £21 million bid for Government-backed Institute of Technology funding to deliver a step-change in the availability of high quality professional and technical education in advanced manufacturing and engineering, life sciences, digital technologies and creative media. Come and be a part of it?!?
If your preference is to work on an Interim only basis, we can offer you a short term opportunity at up to £25 p/hr. Please specify this preference on your application. Strictly No Agencies please.
In this role you’ll do:
• Work with Learners and their employers to ensure that everyone is aware of their responsibilities, and the requirements of the course.
• Engage in recruitment activities to assess potential Learners.
• Liaise with your College peers to ensure that your Learners progress ‘on target’ and as set out in their Individual Learning Plan.
• Deliver any required instruction / assessment and schedule visits to enable efficient working.
• To support you, we offer mentorship, strong professional supervision, and a truly supportive peer network ready to assist you to achieve.
In this role you’ll bring:
• An NVQ Level 3 (minimum) in either Brickwork
• An A1 Assessor Award (or equivalent),
• Hold a Level 2 English and Maths (or equivalent), or be willing to work towards them within 24 months of employment,
• Have the knowledge and experience within your trade field (ideally a minimum of 5 years), and prior successful experience of onsite Assessing,
• Be confident to assist the wider Lecturing team in matters relating to assessment, knowledge sharing and behaviour development,
• Support with the preparation for External Verifier visits from the awarding bodies, and
• Ideally have experience of Smart Assessor Software or similar.
• Access to the market leading Local Government Pension Scheme
• 33 days annual leave (inclusive of all discretionary and bank holidays)
• Training and development support in your role
• Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities and eye care voucher schemes
• On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks
Closing date: 2nd March 2020
An Application form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.