Caring Professions & Educational Practice Lecturer
Up to £6,900 per annum
Permanent, 7.4 hours per week
This is an exciting opportunity for a qualified Nurse to join our Caring Professions department as a Lecturer. You will be creative, innovative and captivating resources you’ll deliver in an enthusiastic and inspirational manner. We are looking for a colleague who gets excited by team-teaching, developing and delivering engaging schemes of work blending practical and theoretical learning approaches. You will have real passion for the industry and ensure our students exceed.
Ideally, you’ll be qualified and experienced in teaching, but our criteria is purely a guide. We will consider candidates who fall outside these requirements who you can strongly demonstrate the required training and know-how competencies with a willingness to get stuck into doing your Teaching qualifications with us.
To support you, we offer mentorship, strong professional supervision, and a truly supportive peer network ready to assist you to achieve.
Swindon College prides itself in offering opportunities for Learners who may have been overlooked by the mainstream. We love what we do passionately, and who we do it for. Our approach puts the Learner first through delivering differentiated teaching, encouraging a growth mindset and supporting our Learners to overcome obstacles to achieve success.
What you’ll have:
• Recent industry experience and recent work within a Health & Social Care setting,
• Experience of teaching, training or mentoring learners,
• The ability to evaluate, assess and give feedback, and
• A Level 5 Teaching Qualification (or the commitment to gain this qualification),
• Degree (or equivalent) in Health & Social Care or related subject,
• An NHS Pin No, and
• A level 2 English and Maths qualification (or equivalent), or the willingness to secure these as you work.
How you’ll Work:
• Each year our timetables can vary, and the sessions we’re offering in 2019/20 are Wednesday between 8.30am – 5.15pm with 6 hours of teaching. You have the option to spend your additional 1.4 hours of preparation time either at the College or elsewhere to suit your lifestyle.
• Self-directed highly flexible working hours to support your work/life balance
• Access to the market leading Teacher Pension Scheme
• Wellbeing support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities and eye care voucher schemes
• On-site parking and subsidised restaurant, Costa & Starbucks
Closing date: 21st February 2020
Interview date: 2nd March 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.