Up to £34,500, and up to £3,000 STEM specialist skills award
Permanent, full time
Our friendly Construction team is growing fast and we’d love you to be a part of our growth plans following the success of our 20M IoT bid.
You’ll teach both theory and practical skills to students who’ll learn best when we develop creative teaching schemes, assignment activities and assessment materials.
If you are looking for a new challenge, can inspire Learners and pass on your industry know-how, we have a great opportunity for your real-time experience to make a difference.
Swindon College prides itself in offering opportunities for Learners who may have been overlooked by the mainstream. We love what we do passionately, and who we do it for. You will thrive on the difference you can make for young people, and have the resilience to continue offering skilled support even when the going can occasionally get tough.
In this role you’ll:
• Deliver creatively devised highly practical training and teaching
• Share your industry knowledge with our learners
• Act as a course tutor for a group of students and provide character building pastoral care
In this role you’ll bring:
• Teaching qualification at Level 5 e.g. Certificate in Education, or commitment to gaining this through our Apprentice Programme
• Relevant Bricklaying Qualification, ideally L3 above e.g. City & Guilds/NVQ,
• Level 2 English and Maths qualification (or equivalent) and
• The ability to communicate with a diverse range of peers, learners and young people.
Full induction into the role will be provided to the post holder, along with mentorship and strong supervision.
• Access to the market leading Local Government Pension Scheme
• Self-directed highly flexible working hours supporting your work/life balance
• 39 days annual leave (inclusive of discretionary and bank holidays) pro rata
• Wellbeing and Lifestyle support including access to our market leading Employee Benefits Platform, free access to on-site gym facilities, eye care voucher schemes.
• On-site parking and subsidised restaurants, Costa & Starbucks.
Closing date: 2nd March 2020
An Application Form must be submitted if you wish to be considered for this post. Please note this vacancy may close sooner if sufficient applications have been received so please apply as soon as possible.
Swindon College is committed to embedding a culture which values diversity and ensures equality of opportunity. We take our safeguarding responsibilities seriously and promote the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff, applicants and customers to share this commitment.
This role is likely to involve working with under 18’s and/or vulnerable adults. Any appointment will be made subject to strict vetting and screening checks and our receipt of a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Swindon College is committed to the advancement of Equality of Opportunity (ensuring everyone is treated fairly), the elimination of discrimination and the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We welcome applications from all sections of the community